Are you searching for a doctor who is known for orthopedic surgery Pottsville, PA residents trust?
Dr. Stephen R. Soffer has years of experience in the fields of orthopedics and sports medicine, helping patients who’ve suffered a sports injury, a work injury or a chronic orthopedic condition.
To give you some insight into why Dr. Soffer is the area’s trusted orthopedic care provider, read more about his background and expertise:
- In 1982, Dr. Soffer graduated Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa with a B.A. in Natural Science from the University of Pennsylvania. He then went on to attend medical school at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
- After finishing medical school, Dr. Soffer interned with top doctors at Boston University starting in 1987.
- Next, in 1991, Dr. Soffer completed his orthopedic residency at Union Memorial Hospital and Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- In 1992, Dr. Soffer traveled to the American Sports Medicine Institute to complete a Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Fellowship with Dr. James R. Andrews, a world-famous orthopedic surgeon.
- After completing his education, Dr. Soffer assisted Dr. Andrews in writing the first ever textbook on elbow arthroscopy.
- Dr. Soffer also went on to publish an extensive list of journal articles on topics such as knee arthroscopy, ACL reconstruction and exertional compartment syndrome. He continues to be a frequent contributor to scientific research and medical journals.
- Since the 1990s, Dr. Soffer has served as a Team Physician for a number of professional, college and high school sports teams, including Berks Gymnastics, the Birmingham Barons Minor League Baseball Team, Reading Express Indoor Football and many more.
- In 2014, Dr. Soffer was re-certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. His Subspecialty Certification in Orthopedic Sports was also renewed.
- In 2016, Dr. Soffer was selected as a Top Doctor by the International Association of Orthopedic Surgeons.
Dr. Soffer is a well-rounded and highly experienced doctor who has treated patients from all walks of life, from young athletes to those in their Golden Years. If you’ve sustained an injury or are struggling with an orthopedic condition, see him today to discover the most advanced treatments available.
Schedule Your Appointment
Do you suspect you may need orthopedic surgery in Pottsville, PA? Don’t keep living with pain – call Dr. Soffer’s office at 610-375-4949 to schedule an appointment. Whether you’re seeking a routine appointment or emergency care, our friendly staff will work to accommodate your schedule and your needs. We look forward to making your acquaintance!