"My goal is the patient's recovery. Each and every patient is important to me. I provide exceptional care to help each patient return to an active, rewarding and pain-free life."
Whether it's returning an athlete to competition after a sports injury or relieving a grandmother's arthritis pain, Dr. Soffer’s approach is to provide cutting-edge, state of the art orthopedic care to all patients no matter what their roles in life. He provides individualized care to each person, using advanced orthopedic techniques and treatments. Many orthopedic conditions can be treated non-operatively, but when surgery is needed, Dr. Soffer utilizes arthroscopic and minimally-invasive surgery whenever possible.
- Authored first textbook on Elbow Arthroscopy with Dr. James Andrews
- Published textbook chapters on PCL Reconstruction of the Knee, Frozen Shoulder, The Throwing Shoulder, and Elbow Disorders and on Diagnostic Arthroscopy of the Elbow
- Published journal articles on many topics including ACL Reconstruction, Knee Arthroscopy, and Exertional Compartment Syndrome
- Top Doctor, US News and World Report, International Association of Orthopedic Surgeons, Castle Connolly
- Has lectured locally, nationally and internationally
- Reviewer of Scientific Research papers for American Journal of Sports Medicine
- Co-owner of Reading Rage Professional Soccer Team, Reading United A.C.
Stephen R. Soffer, M.D. specializes in arthroscopy and the treatment of many sports-related injuries, as well as the open and arthroscopic treatment of knee, shoulder and elbow injuries. He also performs artificial joint replacement for arthritis of the knee, shoulder and hip. He holds certification in the treatment of cartilage injuries in the knee with articular cartilage implantation.
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, 1994
- Re-certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, 2004, 2014
- Subspecialty Certification in Orthopedic Sports Medicine, 2011, re-certified 2014