Commonly associated with orthopedic conditions such as knee arthritis, chronic knee pain can be bothersome at the very least, and debilitating at worst. While non-surgical therapies can often help to resolve knee discomfort, surgical intervention may be necessary in some cases. If you have tried conservative methods for knee pain with limited success, perhaps you are now searching for arthroscopic knee surgeons near me. As for any medical procedure, it is vital to choose your surgeon wisely in order to maximize your chances of having a speedy recovery and a favorable long-term outcome. In this article, we’ll discuss tips for selecting a qualified knee surgeon.
How To Choose a Knee Surgeon
Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive procedure that is commonly used to repair damaged knee cartilage. Whether knee tissue damage occurs as the result of an acute injury such as a meniscus tear, or it develops over time due to a degenerative condition like arthritis, arthroscopy has a high success rate.
A skilled knee surgeon can help you determine whether knee arthroscopy or another type of knee surgery is appropriate for you, given your symptoms, age, activity level and other individual factors. When comparing arthroscopic knee surgeons near me, it is important to consider the following:
- – Is the orthopedic surgeon board certified?
- – What type of educational background and training does the surgeon possess?
- – Does the surgeon have vast experience in completing arthroscopic knee surgery?
- – Are there positive testimonials for the surgeon which attest to his qualifications?
- – Does the surgeon use cutting-edge technologies & prioritize minimally invasive methods whenever possible?
- – Is the surgeon’s practice known for a compassionate, patient-centered treatment approach?
- – Is the provider recommended by one or more other medical professionals whom you trust?
Arthroscopic Knee Surgeons Near Me: Reading, PA
When patients in the Reading, PA area search for “arthroscopic knee surgeons near me,” Dr. Stephen Soffer stands out as the most experienced and qualified choice. Specializing in arthroscopic knee, shoulder and elbow treatment, Dr. Soffer is board certified and fellowship trained by Dr. James Andrews, a world-renowned sports surgeon.
Drawing on years of expertise, Dr. Soffer is proud to provide individualized care for every patient, utilizing a range of advanced surgical & nonsurgical orthopedic techniques and treatments.
If you are experiencing lingering knee pain, you can depend on Dr. Soffer to recommend the most appropriate course of treatment and help you resume an active, fulfilling lifestyle. If you’re ready to get on the road to recovering from your knee issue, call our office at 610-375-4949 and schedule an appointment with Dr. Soffer.